Chew on this: The food and household good delivery market was projected to hit $200 billion in gross revenue by 2025–but that was before COVID-19. This skyrocketing industry is seeing major increases in demand these days and hiring is on the rise. If you’re looking to join a fast-paced industry with a lot of opportunities to deliver a truly innovative customer experience, check out these current openings.
Instacart – Director of Customer Engagement – Atlanta, GA
Instacart is one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Aside from being the leading online grocery site, they deliver fresh groceries and everyday essentials from over 25,000 stores and are in over 5500 cities across North America.
With a team that’s both service-centric and analytics-driven, they strive to think upstream to implement solutions that delight their community, improve performance, scale through better automation, process and product experience.
As the Director of Customer Engagement, you will gain a first-hand understanding of how customers engage with the brand across all touchpoints and draw conclusions to continually evolve, improve, and optimize customer service. You will also establish metrics for defining Instacart’s relationship with customers and define targets for the organization.
If you have 10 years of experience leading customer-facing teams in a multi-channel environment, paired with high EQ, creativity and can command presence, jump in and apply here.
Instacart – Director of Marketing Strategy & Analytics – San Francisco, CA
Instacart is also hiring a Director of Marketing Strategy and Analytics. There are two key parts to this role: Driving integrated marketing plan/execution as well as overseeing marketing planning, strategy and analytics at Instacart
The digital marketing team at Instacart is highly analytical, moves fast and is focused on delivering quantifiable results. The Director of Marketing Strategy & Analytics will be working directly with senior leadership across different teams and will be making a big impact on overarching company goals.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Driving integrated marketing plans across the company.
- Identifying key marketing opportunities, partner with CMO and cross-functional teams such as Product, Engineering, Marketing, Data Science, Operation teams to plan, execute and report on outcome to the company
- Driving insights across consumer and shopper marketing teams by developing recurring dashboards and/or other ad hoc analyses in order to achieve our overall targets and goals
- Partnering with channel owners, shopper marketing, Partner/retail marketing to develop channel strategy and plans
- Tracking, reporting and sharing marketing performance with internal stakeholders
- Partnering with Data Science team and channel owners to conduct marketing experiments and A/B tests frequently
- Prioritizing initiatives with internal stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Engineering and Data Science
- Serving as the main POC for all things related to quarterly planning by working cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, Engineering and Data Science teams
Submit your resume if you have 7+ years, excellent quantitative and data analysis skills and can thrive in this fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Chow Now – Product Manager – Los Angeles, CA
ChowNow is a unique tech startup in the restaurant space. Their technology powers branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, and branded iOS and Android apps. They’re currently processing over $600m in food sales annually have over 1 million monthly active users.
They’re looking to hire a Product Manager responsible for developing their Restaurant Marketing Platform. In this role, you will define, build, launch, and maintain a suite of online marketing tools to help restaurants grow their business by strengthening relationships with their customers.
This is an exciting opportunity with a great deal of ownership and visibility. If leading the development of new products and features that will directly impact the company’s restaurant partners (who may really need it in the coming months) sounds up your alley, apply here.
Dominos – Manager, Operations Innovation – Ann Arbor, MI
Manager of Operations Innovation is responsible for working with the Director – Operations Innovation on ideating, trialing and implementing innovations of varying complexity for the Domino’s System.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to drive a multi-year operations innovation strategy that seeks to optimize store profitability, operational efficiency and the team member experience, while enhancing the overall customer experience.
This is not your typical A/B testing job, but one in which experimentation and optimization principles would be of value. If you’re interested, read the full job description and apply here.
7-Eleven – Director of Digital Strategy – Irving, TX
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation are celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
7-Eleven is in the midst of fundamentally changing their culture and are looking for talented, innovative, customer-obsessed and entrepreneurial people to lead the charge to redefine convenience and the customer experience in big ways.
As Director of Digital Strategy, you will be required to continuously apply new learnings so the company can maintain its status as an industry leader.
You will be responsible for deploying new insights/tools/practices as needed, and developing a digital strategy in conjunction with various directors + VPs, as well as providing actionable and timely customer insights to business users across the company.
They’re looking for an excellent communicator who knows how to use data to tell a story and drive action. If that sounds like you, grab a Slurpee and apply here!
Albertsons – Sr. Data Strategist – Pleasanton, CA
Albertsons, one of the most transformational food and drug retailers in the United States, is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join their data science team.
They are looking for someone who is excited at the prospect of reimagining the grocery experience through harnessing the power of AI and digital technologies.
The Data Science team uses data from existing stores and customer interactions at the 2300 nationwide stores to delight customers, improve store operations, optimize supply chain and proactively improve product lifecycle.
Requirements include a Masters or PhD degree in quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Math, Statistics or related fields plus 4+ years of industry experience in applying data science and modeling methodologies: regression model, survival model, ensemble modeling, NLP, recommendation algorithm, clustering, deep learning algorithm, experimental design (Multivariate/A-B testing) and nonparametric Bayesian modeling etc.
Join the team at Albertson’s by applying here.
Sprouts Farmers Market – Director of Consumer Science – Phoenix, AZ
As the Director, Consumer Science at Sprouts you will be responsible for laying the foundation for customer analytics as well as overseeing customer research and testing. In this role, you will help the Sprouts team understand their customers better through providing actionable insights, and helping to define goals and initiatives surrounding short, medium and long-term growth of customer engagement, brand differentiation and financial results.
Spouts is looking for a candidate with 8-10 years of progressive experience in quantitative analytical disciplines with a foundation of experience and exposure in customer research and insights.
If that sounds like something you’re up for, apply here.
Taco Bell – Director of Digital Product Performance – Irvine, CA
Taco Bell, the nation’s leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant, is looking for a digital rockstar who can set the vision and strategy for their digital platforms.
Reporting to the VP of Digital, you’ll lead a large cross-functional team in accelerating the growth of Taco Bell’s digital ordering channels. In this role, you’ll build and lead a team of 2-3 product managers across all of the channels. The role will also lead our User Experience, Content Management, and Digital Analytics teams.
Tu quieres Taco Bell? Apply here.
Kroger – Digital Product Manager – Boca Raton, FL
Kroger is looking for someone to own and manage assigned digital products through all phases of the product lifecycle. Essential job functions include:
- Identify product requirements and future enhancements through collaborative engagements to support product strategies
- Create, maintain and communicate product catalog roadmaps, including near-term delivery and 1-2 year product evolution, to engage stakeholders across the organization in aligning and supporting company and business unit strategies
- Create highly collaborative cross-functional partnerships across the Kroger matrix organization
- Identify, measure and improve key product catalog metrics to enhance the customer experience, and create a compelling, relevant product vision using web metrics, customer loyalty/insights, customer feedback/research and internal operational metrics
- Identify opportunities to create best-in-class capabilities by leveraging customer feedback and team knowledge/expertise in order to connect company strengths with available resources
- Develop a product plan and deliver breakthrough experiences to market by working with technical and non-technical partners; measure output, improve execution and continuously deliver production expectations
They’re looking for someone with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, marketing or management, 3 years of experience in customer-facing e-commerce and 3 years of software development, product management or business analysis experience.
Amazon – Product Marketing Manager, Whole Foods – Seattle, WA
Amazon is looking for a self-directed, results-oriented Marketing Manager to help them build a best-in-class experience for customers shopping with Whole Foods on Amazon.
Working cross-functionally, you’ll develop and execute marketing programs that drive customer engagement and sales through their online experience.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing a thorough understanding of how customers shop Whole Foods on Amazon
- Focusing on the customer and using that knowledge to help deliver site features and product and/or brand experience merchandising that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
- Creating streamlined processes and best practices for other marketers to utilize
- Managing the Whole Foods on Amazon storefront; hold incredibly high standards for the content we deliver to customers
- Working with the product and tech teams to automate or streamline manual work
- Partnering with UX, designer and product teams to implement test and learn strategies
- Analyzing campaign performance and make recommendations for future optimizations