An elegant and human-centered user experience is vital in today’s digital world, but few know the behind-the-scenes work that goes into cultivating a seamless experience. We spend a ton of time with our clients researching, testing and optimizing the customer journey to create remarkable user experiences. This month’s post highlights some exciting roles perfect for those obsessed with creating the perfect UX.
Director, User Experience – Allstate
Location: Chicago, IL
Allstate is in search of a UX Director to lead a global team of UX Architects and Product Designers involved in the design, development, and implementation of large-scale experience design projects and programs.
This individual will provide thought leadership and human-centered experience design expertise to create useful and usable experience solutions that drive measurable results. The UX Director is a primary connector between technology, design and other parts of the enterprise, often collaborating with and presenting to senior leaders.
- Act as an experience design thought-leader. Responsible for guiding the development and implementation of experience strategy, including high-level planning of work and resources.
- Model continuous learning mindset and teach new skills/capabilities by monitoring consumer trends, attending workshops, joining professional groups and mentoring others in UX methodologies.
- Foster innovation. Create structures and processes that promote an environment of innovation and experimentation for direct reports, peer groups, leaders and the organization.
Human Experience Manager – Capital One
Location: Vienna, VA
Capital One’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) Design team is looking for an experienced, compassionate, creative, and collaborative Human Experience Researcher to join its rapidly growing cross-functional team.
In this role, you will work on designing a suite of artificial intelligence products that aim to help people better manage their money. You’ll guide the team in discovering insights about customer needs, and you’ll influence the team to use those insights to inspire and impact the customer experience.
- Moderate 1:1 empathy interview sessions in a UserLab or home setting as well as run remote unmoderated studies
- Utilize research tools such as Dscout, UsabilityHub, etc.
- Perform quick but thorough qualitative (and sometimes quantitative) data analysis to create insightful and actionable findings
- Partner with data scientists to sew the thread between human insights and data insights with the goal of designing awesome customer experiences powered by machine learning models
Sr. Manager, Digital User Experience – Pacific Sunwear
Location: Anaheim, CA
PacSun is on the hunt for a Sr. Manager of Digital User Experience who can drive online solutions to improve conversion throughout the customer journey. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to lead and grow a team, as well as strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to Optimize and improve on-site experience to drive funnel efficiencies. Set category strategy, including attribution/filters, product placement, key brands and assortment focus
- Achieve Key Merchandising Metrics: Sales, ATC, and Order Conversion across all devices
- Responsible for the creation and measurement of AB and Multivariate tests to drive incremental conversion as well as elevate the look & feel of site
- Ownership of entire A/B test process of testing, from hypothesis to results, effectively meeting the business objectives
Director of Digital Experience – National Instruments
Location: Austin, TX
National Instruments is looking for a Director of Digital Experience to act as a champion for usability and user centric design principles in the organization by defining the UX research and development process. The position will lead and govern the digital user experience through standards and best practices, ensuring easy user interactions that drive business value.
- Own the website and digital experience and work with business stakeholders, creatives and developers to create compelling, effective, and innovative online experiences that drive impact
- Help build new user experiences and enhance existing user experiences to drive more visits, improve engagement with content on the website, optimize lead capture, drive e-commerce sales, and improve conversions from web traffic to sales opportunities
- Lead and conduct optimization testing (A/B and multivariate) as well as customer feedback and site surveys, and share results to accountable functions across the business to ensure content or experience deficiencies are known and addressed in a timely manner
Product Manager, Customer Experience – Walmart eCommerce
Location: San Bruno, CA
Walmart eCommerce’s Digital Acceleration (DA) group is looking for a product manager to own and drive significant parts of the eCommerce & Stores experience by adding net new features / functionalities, and by optimizing existing flows.
- Developing and championing product vision, strategy and roadmaps for multiple product lines, in support of business goals and objectives
- Using customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements
- Working with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions
- Researching competition and third party vendors to understand the market dynamics
- Prioritizing, designing and implementing projects and enhancements
Director of Design Strategy – Customer Experience – Enterprise Holdings
Location: St. Louis, MO
Enterprise Holdings is searching for a Director of Design Strategy who can oversee the practice of human-centered design across all of its brands. The director will implement a design thinking mindset across the organization and provide oversight and strategic direction to the various design practices at the company including experience design, service design, and interactive design. The director will lead and develop a team of managers and designers impacting change in the physical, human, product, and digital areas of the company.
- Ensures that the approach to designing experiences is done so through the lens of the customer by way of developing prototypes, service design blueprints, wireframes, and visual compositions representing the various interactions customers may take with a given product or service available to them at Enterprise Holdings
- Oversees design validation across the company ensuring that solutions, services, and products are being designed in an easy, enjoyable, and useful manner for customers
- Sets design direction for holistic customer experience, spanning cognitive, emotional, sensory and social human factors
- Leads development of in-market testing approaches and execution
Lead UX Designer – American Express
Location: New York, NY
American Express is looking for a Principal Product Designer (UX) to help drive and realize the creative vision for One Amex, an exciting new suite of products that enables fast, scalable and consistent application development for the enterprise. American Express is looking for a designer who’s in to designing a better journey for every user from beginning to end.
- Transforming ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into desirable outcomes for users
- Creating detailed wireframes, information architecture diagrams, mental models, personas, usability testing stimulus, and site maps
- Working closely with multi-disciplinary teams to brainstorm and create concepts for mobile, tablet and desktop environments
- Being a passionate advocate for the user and incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process
Experience Owner Lead (Consumer Lending – Decision Member Experience) – USAA
Location: San Antonio, TX
USAA is hiring an Experience Owner Lead who will be responsible for the day to day oversight and management of the Consumer Lending Decision Member experience. The chosen candidate will develop strategies, create and manage the feature roadmap, and execute the best possible experiences while balancing business needs.
- Uses human-centered design to shepherd the end-to-end ownership and management of experiences, processes and/or business deliverables to members and/or employees.
- Leads and manages experience life cycle from conception to release, iteration and maintenance, driving the right portfolio for the experience while prioritizing work in backlogs to ensure delivery to experience expectations.
- Establishes and monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), member insights, and Key Risk Indicators(KRIs); ensure correct data and instrumentation for the experience and related processes; uses data to improve experiences.
- Leads Agile management rhythms up and down the experience taxonomy to drive cohesive decision-making and action.
User Experience Manager – CNBC
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
CNBC is looking for a talented UX Researcher to be a core member of its in-house Product Design Capability and help lead research that uncovers meaningful customer insights that drive product delight, innovation, and business success.
The successful candidate will love to roll up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty and have an obsession with uncovering meaningful customer insights. The candidate will also have an understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts, as well as experience using Qualtrics to author surveys and manage data.
- Partnering with product managers, designers, and engineers to define and prioritize customer discovery activities or validate ideas and concepts
- Supporting testing initiatives across key product areas: Web, Mobile Apps, Connected Devices (Apple TV, Roku, etc.), and Voice/Conversational apps (Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, etc.)
- Designing, conducting research and analyzing data using quantitative and qualitative methods such as A/B testing’s, surveys, multivariate testing, ethnographic/field research, diary studies, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), etc. to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations to drive product innovation and design improvements for users
Human Centered Experience Director – Accrue Partners
Location: Memphis, TN
Accrue Partners is looking for a Human Centered Experience Director with a strong understanding of consumer behaviors, financial verticals, and analytics that help drive design experiences.
- Manage experience architecture, user experience design, user interface design, visual design, content strategy, and/or usability and research
- Collaborate with marketing, operations, insights, and digital team to create a great user experience