Sometimes making the jump from Manager to Director (or even Director to Director) is easier to accomplish at a new employer rather than waiting to be promoted from within. This month we’re highlighting open director-level A/B testing roles at various enterprise companies. Take a look and see if you qualify.
Sirius XM – Director of Personalization – Advanced Analytics
Location: New York, NY
SiriusXM is looking for a candidate to join their analytics, research and insight team as a Director of Personalization, Advanced Analytics. They’re seeking a person with strong project management, programming, data management and statistical skills.
In this role, you would lead data integration and analytic projects pertaining to all sources of listening/and consumption data including in-vehicle and out-of-vehicle behavior to drive product personalization, marketing effectiveness, channel optimization, better customer experience and operational efficiency.
- Master’s degree in computer science, statistics, operations research, engineering, mathematics, economics, physics, or a related quantitative field or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning and statistical modeling methods for supervised and unsupervised learning, understanding of underlying algorithms, ability to tune and analyze algorithms and extract actionable insights.
Warner Media Group – Director of Product Management – Device Integration, HBO Max
The Director, Product Management for Device Integration and Partner Management will lead the vision of creating enhanced experiences through integrating the HBO Max streaming product on other devices and platforms.
- 10+ years of experience in managing or leading digital product management or related experience at an entertainment media company
- Extensive experience in streaming video products on tablets, phones, PCs, and other devices
- Experience in an agile development process (Scrum, Kanban) strongly preferred
- Understanding of social, recommendation, discovery, and personalization systems
- Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services
Senior Product Director, Marketing Technology – Ancestry.com
Location: San Francisco, CA
As a Senior Director of Ancestry’s Marketing Technology team, you will partner with industry-leading marketers and world-class engineering teams to build and refine modern marketing tech stack that drives personalization at scale.
You will lead the product direction of programs and systems that unlock critical customer value across Ancestry. In this role, you will focus on understanding the needs of their marketers, product leaders and leveraging your marketing technology expertise to build a cohesive marketing tech eco-system to enable more relevant, personalized experiences for their customers.
- At least 12 years of industry experience in product management and software development with a minimum of 3 years in Marketing Technology, preferably in a B2C environment
- Minimum of 6 years of directly managing teams of 20+
- Must have deep understanding of SDLC (software development life cycle) and extensive experience building/delivering large scale products using Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Experience working in marketing areas such as CRM, Performance Media, Social Listening, Customer Behavior, Marketing Analytics, and/or Content Management Systems
- Must have experience using some of the following MarTech tools: Salesforce Marketing, Community, Service Cloud, AEM, Lytics CDP, Neustar, Adobe Analytics and Adobe Test & Target (highly desired), Teallium, Google Analytics.
Director of Data Products – Rent the Runway
Location: New York, New York
Rent the Runway (RTR) is a data-driven company that is changing the way women get dressed. In this role, you will manage all data product efforts across the business – consumer/website, marketing, operations, and inventory.
You will also grow and manage a team of data scientists, and will partner with C-level executives and the rest of senior leadership to shape and support Rent the Runway’s data strategy and develop a roadmap for internal and customer-facing data products.
- A strong academic background in a quantitative field (mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering, statistics, etc.)
- Previous experience managing and growing a team of data scientists
- Experience designing and leading data science initiatives in the past
- Technically strong and have experience building machine learning-based data products.
- You can understand data deeply AND be able to explain it clearly in non-technical terms.
Director of Digital Commerce & Strategy – Michael Kors
Location: New York, New York
The Director of Digital Commerce & Strategy will work to align merchandise strategies across retail, wholesale and e-Commerce via the online merchandising of michaelkors.com. They’re looking for someone with a passion for retail and the ability to drive sales in a fast-paced environment. This position will be a part of Michael Kors’ e-Commerce team and present a great opportunity to develop and grow multi-channel sales on a global level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing (or comparable work experience)
- Minimum of 8-10+ years’ experience in direct or e-commerce environment, part or all in planning or buying capacity
- Experience managing a team
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Must be able to multi-task, be flexible and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Adobe Analytics or similar platform
- Experience working within an ecommerce PIM, CMS, strong familiarity with different ecommerce platforms and 3rd party solutions
Global Director, Consumer Marketing, Mobile – Blizzard Entertainment
Location: Irvine, CA
Blizzard is on a quest to find a legendary Global Director of Consumer Marketing, Mobile. They’re looking for a demonstrated leader with a CMO mentality as this role will be the key marketing lead for all mobile titles at Blizzard.
The Global Director of Mobile Consumer Marketing will be responsible for leading a dynamic internal group and managing external agencies and coordinating with internal production teams.
In this role, you will partner with various cross-functional teams delivering the franchise’s creative vision and drive creative resources and development teams through strategy, concepting, production, testing and execution – for global campaign distribution.
- Director with 10+ years’ experience in consumer marketing at an agency or in-house organization.
- Experience working specifically in the mobile marketing space – gaming or adjacent tech and entertainment categories is preferred.
- Specific experience in robust, global, paid media campaigns where a “test and learn” A/B approach to drive best-in-class performance marketing is needed.
- Experience designing and supporting integrated digital marketing, social media campaigns, and engagement events as well as developing full cycle reveal to launch and post-launch strategies as a mobile game as a service.
- Appetite for all things digital and social – developing innovative campaigns leveraging the newest tech across platforms – and desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement.
- 3-5 years experience in User Acquisition
Director, MarTech & Testing – LendingClub
Location: San Francisco, CA
LendingClub is looking for a Director, MarTech and Testing to join their marketing team. This role reports to the VP of Marketing Operations and Growth Analytics. You will be responsible for leading the marketing tech strategy team with a mandate to enable customer growth, automation and optimization of customer journeys. In addition to overseeing their MarTech stack, you will be responsible for the test & learn COE and marketing measurement tools.
- 8+ years of experience in a marketing operations role, with a strong background in marketing technology usage and marketing automation using cloud technologies and CRM platforms
- Experience with Optimizely, Tealium, Salesforce, Google Marketing Platforms, and Hadoop
- An analytical & systems-driven approach
- Understanding of web and app technology: cookies, SDKs, tracking, tagging and experience with mobile apps (user acquisition, re-engagement) is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to answer questions with SQL
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing tools such as Identity graphs, DMPs, MTA, and CDPs
Director of Product Management – Personalization – Lowes
Location: Charlotte, NC
Lowes is looking for Director of Product Management Personalization who is passionate about engaging and inspiring their customers using deep understanding of customer-centric business practices and insights to enable unique shopping experiences. In this role, you will envision, strategize and build products that enable their personalization efforts across their Omni-Channel portfolio.
- 8+ years of experience building and enabling compelling Customer Products
- 5+ years of experience in Ecommerce Product Management
- 5+ Years of demonstrated history of starting, hiring and growing world-class product teams
- Deep experience with agile methodologies and best practices such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.
- BS in Computer Science
Director, Product Management, Personalization
Location: San Francisco, CA
Macys’ Product Management teams build and define capabilities and products that allow their customers to shop seamlessly across channels.
As a Director, Product Management for Personalization at Macy’s, you will lead a team of Product Managers to develop and champion a world-class product vision and strategy leveraging a full view (360-degree) of their customer; improving reach and relevance of digital advertising/retention tactics, guiding and coaching the Product team, ensuring they are effective in driving business and customer outcomes and that they are engaged Macy’s colleagues with focused customer and business KPI goals.
- Bachelors degree required. Masters/MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of product management experience within the retail industry and in an agile software development environment.
- 5+ years of experience leading and developing a team of direct reports within a Product Management organization.
- Familiarity how to leverage artificial intelligence to solve real customer problems and friction.
- Experience with creating and leveraging a 360-degree view of customer.
- Expert knowledge of site monetization, marketing email, offers and coupons a plus.
Director Data Science + Analytics – Testing CoE – Target
Location: Minneapolis, MN
In this role, you will have three key priorities: develop cutting edge scientific methods for testing and measurement of enterprise growth initiatives, drive adoption of scientific methods by partnering with analysts and business owners across the enterprise, and drive implementation of new methods on their testing platform by partnering with internal data and technology teams. Your goal will be to grow testing and its adoption within the Target ecosystem.
- PhD or MS in a quantitative discipline such as but not limited to statistics, applied mathematics, informatics, operations research, computer science with 10+ years of experience
- Passionate about experimentation, applied statistics, and data-informed decision making while bringing substantial hands-on experience from past projects involving A/B testing or causal inference.
- Have been deeply involved with A/B testing at scale including controlled experimentation, quasi-experimentation methods, adaptive experimentation technologies,post-stratification, quasi-experimental research designs & sequential testing
- Have successfully hired and mentored top talent team members
- Confident applying appropriate analysis methods of causal inference in both experimental and non-experimental situations
- Excellent problem-solving skills and end to end quantitative thinking
- Outstanding communications skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
Director of Analytics & Insights – Discovery
Location: New York, New York
The Director of Analytics & Insights is a critical role that will build the foundation for the way Discovery’s Digital Group approaches analytics and insights for a rapidly-growing Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business.
In this role, you will conceptualize and systematize how they uncover data-driven insights to ensure that we’re maximizing the growth of their DTC platform. This is an amazing role for someone who is intellectually curious, a strategic and tactical thinker with a highly analytical mind, and looking to have an impact on key business decisions.
- BA/BS degree in Math/Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or another related quantitative field
- 5-8 years of experience with data/analytics; consumer product or digital media experience preferred
- Proficiency with Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
- Experience with SQL, R, and/or Python
- Experience with social and marketing analytics
- Product A/B testing and quality measurement experience