In today’s working world, compensation isn’t everything. And the happiest employees are the ones who feel a sense of purpose in what they do.
The nature of many optimization roles is that you’re ultimately evaluated based on revenue impact. And while testing provides an interesting problem to solve—either via the process of building a testing strategy, or the cross-functional collaboration needed to execute it—being invested in the products you’re selling to consumers, can definitely help you stay motivated.
That’s why for this month’s roundup of A/B testing jobs, we’re highlighting open testing roles at B2C companies with products we can totally get behind.
If you’re looking to step up your meditation game
Headspace is an online healthcare company specializing in meditation. Their flagship product is the Headspace app, which provides guided meditations to its registered users.
The company is hiring a Data Analyst with the right blend of curiosity, flexibility and passion. Working closely with PMs/VPs/data engineers/data scientists, the analyst will have the opportunity to provide meaningful insights that are directly reflected in product and business decisions.
Here are some things you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing ad-hoc data analysis, deep dives, data visualizations and statistical modeling
- Partnering closely with product managers to identify strategic opportunities to increase engagement within the Headspace app and drive growth for the company
- Collaborating with other members of the data science & analytics team, and the data engineering team to create a data-driven culture
- Designing A/B multivariate tests to drive product and growth improvements (heyo!)
- Evaluating the impact of new product features on engagement and growth metrics
- Transforming business problems into solvable analytics problems and provide recommendations to stakeholders to drive improvements at Headspace
Sound interesting? Click here to apply!
If errands just aren’t your thing
Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Their friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as little as one hour.
The company is looking for an Ad Tech Product Manager to help in achieving revenue goals and year-over-year growth by strategizing and optimizing Shipt’s Ad Product portfolio.
As a PM focusing on ad product optimizations and yield, you will own and deliver on programmatic revenue that is part of the company revenue targets. You will partner with internal and external stakeholders including CPG, Retail Partners and Merchandising teams to build new and improve existing ad product functionality. You will be a champion of A/B testing, and build ad tech experimentation frameworks/tools that generate insights that will be used to make product improvements.
- Partnering with all teams to find balanced and creative solutions to Shipt’s most pressing needs in ad yield management.
- Leading the efficient running of programmatic third-party ad integrations
- Building campaign management, yield forecasting and A/B testing tools
- Designing and running A/B tests and decisively direct product and content strategy using data obtained in your testing
- Identifying areas of opportunity and weakness in both product and process, and articulate creative and iterative solutions.
Apply here: https://bbi.bz/2Ynjs03
If you’re into DIY home improvement
Lowes is a big box retailer specializing in home improvement products. They’re based right (~ish) down the road from Brooks Bell’s HQ in neighboring Charlotte, NC and are hiring an A/B Testing Senior Analyst.
This role is a pretty traditional A/B testing program management role. Responsibilities include:
- Owning the end-to-end A/B testing process, design, execution and data analysis including setting the hypothesis, recommendations & KPI selection
- Working closely with developers to build the test experience based on business requirements
- Identifying software platform limitations that impact the success of a test
- Working closely with product management teams to design the A/B testing strategies according to multiple roadmap efforts, release activities, promotional calendars and across multiple channels including desktop, mobile, APPs and tablets.
- Researching and identifying opportunities for stakeholders and product management to drive higher results based on retail market, customer and behavioral data.
Check out the job description for more info. We know a few people over at Lowes, so don’t hesitate to ask a member of our team for an intro.
If you’re not into DIY home improvement
Thumbtack is building a marketplace that connects people with local pros for almost any project.
The company is hiring an Experience Researcher—a unique role for someone who’s passionate about empowering small business owners and capable of delivering insights that help the company create experiences that fulfill their needs.
They’re looking for someone with several years of effective cross-functional collaboration experience, someone who’s a great communicator and storyteller, and can help product teams better understand and advocate for their users. You can basically talk about qualitative research methodologies in your sleep, but you should have a working knowledge of quantitative methodologies as well.
There’s a lot more to the job description. Check it out here.
If you’re of the opinion that car salesmen are the worst
Edmunds—yes, the one that used to publish printed car guides—is hiring a Mid-Level UI/UX product designer. In this role, you’ll collaborate with product managers through the product development cycle to create innovative new experiences and thoughtful solutions to existing ones.
You will work closely with Analytics and UX Researchers to strategize user research and plan strategies to deepen the company’s understanding of Edmunds.com users and their needs. You will design clean, functional and beautiful UI, and lead the team in reviews and share-outs.
If all of that sounds gravy, then what are you waiting for?
If the body positivity movement is giving you life
We just took a DNA test and turns out we’re 100% into this whole new movement challenging society’s definition of beauty, and Dia&Co is on board too.
Dia&Co is the only retail service dedicated to meeting the plus-size community’s style needs. They’re applying the best of data and technology to serve women who have been ignored for far too long—from developing the shopping experiences, building community platforms that inspire her and ensuring she sees herself represented in the world around her.
Dia&Co is hiring a Senior Product Manager on their Consumer team. In this role, you’ll be charged with thinking about how to deliver a superior customer experience in their digital product. You’ll also work with stakeholders, engineering, design and data science team members to define the product roadmap, drive strategy, prioritize and plan initiatives.
If you’re not messing around when it comes to home security
It’s probably happened to you at least once: You have a notification saying that your Prime Day haul was delivered to your doorstep, but when you get home, it’s nowhere to be found. Enter, Ring – the home security company, owned, oddly enough, by Amazon. They make a range of home security products that use motion-detection and video recording technologies.
They’re looking to hire a marketing manager to join the Acquisition Marketing team and lead the conversion rate optimization program.
While the larger acquisition team focuses on driving new customer adoption, the Conversion Rate Optimization Manager will be responsible for driving increased business performance from marketing landing pages by creating a conversion rate optimization process and strategy. Read more here.
If you simply cannot function without a solid 8 hours of sleep
Purple, the mattress company, is hiring a data analyst. Truth be told, we’re pretty excited about this one because Purple happens to be one of our clients and we think they’re pretty awesome.
They’re looking for someone to oversee segmentation, analysis of platform and behavioral trends and A/B testing. In this role, you need to have strong analytical chops but also excellent communication capabilities, as one of the key requirements is to be able to influence business initiatives by telling a compelling data story.
According to the job description, here are some of the key responsibilities:
- Owning business data request (regular reporting, metrics framework to measure business operations, etc.)
- Creating interactive data visualizations that allow the business leaders to react quickly to performance and market trends and make data-driven decisions
- Identifying new levers to help move key metrics
- Support the wider business to leverage our data for self-serve analytics
- Design and evaluate A/B tests as well as observational studies, and more.
Sounds like fun, right? Get the full job description and apply here.
If you’re into making every day better through optimization
Okay, so we’re not technically a B2C company but this is our blog and we do what we want.
At Brooks Bell, our mission is to make every day better through optimization. This comes into play in our client engagements, where we’re just as excited to help companies (including Barnes & Noble, IHG, Under Armour and others) launch a test or build processes that better leverage their data, technology and people. It also comes into play in our own processes, as we’re always looking for ways to optimize our weekly meetings, internal processes and workflows.
So, if you’re looking to optimize all the things and are interested in getting into the consulting game, we’ve got quite a few open roles that might be of interest—including account executives, strategists, developers, data scientists and more. Shoot us your resume and we’ll make sure it gets into the right hands.