This guest post was written by Kevin Lindsay, head of product marketing in San Francisco for Adobe’s leading targeting and optimization solution—Adobe Target.
For several years Adobe and Brooks Bell have pursued a shared passion of delivering data-driven conversion solutions for marketers looking to develop a deeper understanding of their customers and optimize their digital experiences. In June Adobe released Adobe Target Premium to the market, a solution that simultaneously offers marketers complete control, but also reduces their workload through machine learning and automation. It’s a product that encapsulates what Adobe and Brooks Bell’s partnership is all about.
And that need to optimize has never been more urgent. Adobe’s 2014 Digital Marketing Optimization Survey brought to light that the top 20 percent of respondents—the most successful in the personalization game—are seeing conversion rates of 4.5 percent or more, compared to 2.6 percent across the entire field. They’re also investing 5 percent of their budgets in testing and optimization, and 70 percent are using multiple methods and capabilities.
Digging a little deeper, through our work on Adobe Target Premium, we’ve learned what criteria marketers are looking for/should look for in solutions to transform their digital properties with data-driven optimization:
- Easily test variations of digital content and experiences to see which ones perform the best with specific visitor audiences, and then automatically push the winners
- View test results from different angles and perspectives after tests have run to identify important visitor audiences and winning content
- Segment visitors into distinct groups or audiences based on highly detailed anonymous visitor data, such as region, gender, mobile device, time of day, and other visitor profile information
- Use visitor segments created by other marketers in other digital marketing solutions, such as web analytics
- Create business rules that define criteria for serving particular visitor audiences specific content
- Take advantage of hands-off, automated personalization that serves individuals highly relevant content and experiences using industry-leading, customizable, and self-learning algorithms
- Set up automated product and cross-sell recommendations
- Tie success metrics to optimization efforts to measure their impact on business goals
- Share marketing activity insights and successes throughout the organization in easy-to-understand ways to help promote and expand the optimization program
- Benefit from using a solution that is part of a holistic set of tightly integrated digital marketing solutions
If you’re interested in a quick primer, I recently wrote an overview of the new features in Adobe Target Premium. We also encourage you to connect with us and Brooks Bell to learn more organizationally-specific information. We’re excited about how Adobe Target Premium, combined with Brooks Bell’s core services and expertise in testing and optimization, can help companies achieve the ultimate personalization payoffs—significant gains in conversation rates and revenue.
Kevin Lindsay heads up product marketing in San Francisco for Adobe’s leading targeting and optimization solution—Adobe Target. He is an expert on conversion optimization and personalization, and speaks frequently at industry events around the globe. Kevin was with Omniture prior to its acquisition by Adobe, and previously held product and strategic marketing positions at search software companies Mercado and Verity. Kevin is a Canadian expat who enjoys life with his family in the hills above Silicon Valley. Follow Kevin on Twitter @kevlindsay.