It’s January 3, and if you’re like us, you’re already heads down at your desk and neck deep in emails. But we’d be remiss if we didn’t take a minute to reflect on the previous year.
In November of 2018, we quietly celebrated 15 years of being in business. When Brooks Bell was founded, experimentation was in its infancy. But despite all the changes we’ve experienced since then, one thing remains true: it is the opportunity to connect with so many interesting people that are solving big problems for their business that makes our work worthwhile. Thanks for walking with us.
A look back at some of our big moments from 2018
Winning like Winona
In January, our Founder & CEO, Brooks Bell, was recognized as one of 25 women who rocked digital marketing in 2017. Later in the year, she was also announced as a Southeastern Finalist for EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year award.
Getting Lit with Illuminate
Fun fact: We originally built Illuminate to help us better manage and iterate upon our clients’ tests. Over time, we got so much great feedback, that we decided to make it available to everyone this year.
Now, with a successful beta launch under our belt and even more new features being added to the software, we’re excited to see where this new endeavor takes us in 2019.
F is for Friends, Fun and…Fear?
In October, things got a little spooky around the office and it had everything to do with Scott, our Director of Sales, who decided to channel his inner Ellen Degeneres for the day (much to our colleagues’ horror). Watch the video if you dare.
Making Bacon for our Clients
Back in 2014, we set a Big Hairy Audacious Goal to achieve $1 billion in projected revenue for our clients. By the end of 2017, we’d reached $500 million. And this past December, we hit $1 billion. (cue ::gong::)
But we’re not resting on our laurels. We’ve set some aggressive goals for 2019, with a focus on personalization, and we’re pumped to get to work.
Brooks Bell takes the Bay Area
In September, we officially opened the doors to our San Fransisco office. This decision came after years of working with clients on the West Coast and our desire to work even more closely with them. And with the Bay Area’s rich history of innovation, we can’t think of a better place to help more companies push their boundaries through experimentation.
Last May, we hosted our annual Click Summit conference. We might be biased but this remains one of our favorite events as it’s filled with meaningful connections and seriously impactful takeaways. 2019 marks our 10th Click Summit, and we’ve got big plans. Request your invite today.
2018 on the blog
- Aaron, a member of our Analytics team, took to the blog to explain personalization & data science for people who aren’t data scientists. See how that worked out for him.
- If you’ve got a boss that hasn’t yet gotten on board with A/B testing (we have concerns that they may also live under a rock, but we digress). Here are our tips to get them to invest in experimentation. You also can look to Illuminate for help with this.
- Three words for you: Shopping. Cart. Killers. If you’re looking to optimize your online shopping experience, check out this tip sheet.
- Reorg got you feeling naked and afraid? Here are 9 things you can start doing *today* to ensure your program survives a reorg (no machete needed).
- Ever wondered how you could run an A/B test with Alexa (or any other voice-enabled customer experience)? Our dev team had the same question.
- RIP Ad Hoc Analysis. Luckily our Senior Analyst, Shana, was here to help you transition to Workspace.
- Don’t Make It Weird: Check out our five tips for balancing privacy & personalization.
- Looking to increase velocity in 2019? Download our guide to staffing your testing program to meet your velocity goals.